I mentioned that Luke truly surprised me at the awards ceremony. We sat through 9 teachers giving out at least 30 awards each. Unfortunately, Luke didn't receive any awards from his teacher or the principle. I have to admit, I was very disappointed. I think every parent would probably feel this way. You are disappointed your child is unrecognized for what you feel are a year of achievements.
After all the first grade teachers had presented their awards (which took 45 minutes), I thought the ceremony was over. I put away my camera and waited to be dismissed. Even when the PE teacher stood up to give out her awards, I sat only half listening. Luke is not one to be overly athletic. I've mentioned before he tends to shy away from the soccer ball. He also struggles when running up and down the soccer field. Five minutes into the game and he's holding his stomach while breathing heavily.
Well, the PE teacher has several t-shirts she is going to give away as awards. They are different colors. She explains the kids were able to pick out the color they wanted. I notice there are two green shirts... Luke's favorite color, but again only half paying attention. (Remember, I have three 4 year olds getting stir crazy.)
She calls out the first green shirt. Not Luke, but I knew it wasn't going to be Luke. She calls out two more names.... blue shirt goes to a boy and pink shirt goes to a girl. The last green shirt is next. I was thinking how cool it would be for him to get this award, but then shook it off because Luke doesn't run.
But who would have thought! NOT I! The teacher called Luke's name!!!! I let out a squeal. The three 4 year olds jumped up and started cheering. I was in shock! Luke won the award for Jogger of the Year!
I did grab my camera as fast as I could and even got couple more pictures of this. But when downloading them from my camera to the computer they got messed up. This was my only good one that came out...
We went to Luke's classroom to get him out early from school. The 4 year olds loved it! William loves hanging with Luke!
Here's one of the girls playing...
Luke got his hair cut last night. Boy did it need it!
After we got his hair cut, I went to my meeting where I presented the t-shirts to the battalion. We had an overwhelming response. Everyone loves them and BOUGHT them! I've actually spent most of today on the phone taking orders and answering questions.
Today was also Luke's last day of school. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures because I left my purse at a friend's house last night. He brought home his report card and he received 3 Bs and 1 A! We are going to Coldstone Creamery tomorrow to celebrate a great year and the beginning of summer! Which we also celebrated today by MOVING UP ON OUR DEPLOYMENT LADDER!


1 comment:
Yeah Luke. Yeah for Summer. Yeah for moving up on the deployment ladder! That cracks me up that he won "jogger" of the year...not runner, jogger. Too funny!
Post a Comment