Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 38 - part II

I got a call today from Gracen's preschool. She fell down inside on the carpet and had nasty carpet burns on both kness. While the preschool director was telling me it wasn't bleeding and they had already put ointment and bandaids on it, I could hear Gracen in the background just crying. She said Gracen didn't want to straighten her legs and wouldn't walk for them. I could only laugh. Then she laughed and said Mrs. Patsy had filled her in on the last time Gracen skinned her knees.

Needless to say, I went to school and picked the drama queen up early. I made Gracen try and walk out of the school. She was acting hysterical. Again, all I could do was laugh at her. The other teachers were laughing as well. Everyone knows Gracen and how dramatic her and Caroline are. It was quite the procession getting out of the building.

She continued to carry on for a couple of hours at home. I finally told her I had had enough and she could go to her room *AND* she had to stay there until she could walk standing up straight. It took her a while and me reminding her she couldn't eat dinner in her room or watch TV helped some. She finally came limping down the hallway holding on to the walls. It was quite the sight.

Here is a video of her just a few hours later. All it took was Luke jumping on the trampoline and she was miraculously healed! PRAISE GOD! She was jumping really high when I first walked out and she stopped immediately. She looked at me sheepishly and said her legs were feeling better. (It took forever for this short video to upload. There has to be an easier way to share videos through blogger!)



Something exciting has happened this week! Our sunflowers are emerging from the ground! Its amazing! I'm shocked at how many are coming up. We are going to have quite the 12 foot tall sunflower garden!

No comments: