Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 11

Scott! GOOD NEWS! The Freemans are CANCER FREE! Julie called this afternoon. She said they called to tell Aaron's mom first and then me second. I'm sure me calling them everyday to see if they heard anything bumped me to the top of their list! I'm so happy for them! Such a great family! Julie made me promise I would tell you asap!

I spent the whole day running around post doing paperwork. I went from the MWR office, to JAG, to the 3rd floor of the hospital for EFMP then down to the basement to the referral office. Then back to MWR and over to CYS and back to JAG. I started at 9am and went until 2:30pm. Did I mention it was pouring down rain the whole time?!?!? When I was in the hospital, they made an announcement over the intercom that anyone parked in a certain parking lot should move their cars. They were being submerged underwater!

Paige came to my rescue. She knew I was running around post and called and asked if she could get Gracen from me. Poor Gracen was being pulled from one office to the next. Picture pouring down rain, your daughter with wet feet (you know she hates being wet!)and no parking spaces close to the hospital entrance. I ended up climbing to the back of the SUV, finding the umbrella then putting Gracen on my back and treking into the hospital. She loved it and I got a workout. I met Paige under the car wash bays to switch the car seat and give her Gracen. Gracen was so confused why we were in the car wash bay when it was pouring down rain. The girl is too smart for her own good.

Luke went on his field trip today. Of course, because of the rain they didn't get to eat lunch at the park. But they did enjoy the play. He doesn't have any spelling words or reading this week so its nice not to worry about those things.

OH! That little thing you got for the Ipod that plays in the car actually works! I was so excited. Of course, it took me a while to figure it out. The Ipod was set on channel 89.6, but our radio would jump from 89.5 to 89.7. Very annoying. Especially with an impatient four year old in the backseat demanding some tunes. Boy was she happy when Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Had a Bad Day were played over and over all morning to her heart's content. I still need to get her the Enchanted soundtrack. Paige said Gracen and Caroline were singing the songs to the movie all afternoon.

No comments: