Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 37

I survived! I survived this morning and the conference! I was so relieved that most of the classes were very small groups. I have a hard time in large groups being able to hear and I end up wanting to leave. Today was good. I needed a good day.

I was reminded today to count my blessings. At around 11am, a friend of mine came into the classroom I was in and handed me a note. She said Gracen had a high fever and I needed to go pick her up at the childcare center. You have no idea how upset I was. I was upset Gracen was sick. Upset I was actually enjoying myself and had to cut it short. Upset I was going to miss the catered lunch from Heavenly Ham. :-) As I drove to the center, I was mumbling to myself how rotten my life was playing out. I just needed to get over this hump.

Well, I walked into the center and the ladies looked at me. I said I received a message my daughter was sick. They looked at me like I was crazy. One of the women was sitting there with a little girl asleep on her lap. The other woman pointed to the little girl. I was like "She isn't my daughter."

To make a long story short, they called the wrong mom. That little girl was "Grace" and thankfully they got in touch with her mom before I left. But is it bad I was relieved someone other than my child was sick? As I drove back to the conference, I kept thinking how happy I was to go back to my friends and people I enjoyed. My attitude about today totally took a 180 and I think I might have gotten over that hump.

I ended up calling Claire and the boys to go to Cracker Barrel with us for dinner. I had a great time. We even talked about fun things we could do together during the deployment. I need plans like that right now. Something to look forward to.

No comments: