Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Day 17

President Bush to Announce Shorter Tours for Army Units
President Bush plans to announce on Thursday that Army units heading to war after Aug. 1 will serve 12-month tours rather than the 15 months that soldiers are currently deployed, senior defense officials said.

I also love this part of the story...
Under the new plan, soldiers would deploy for one year, then get 12 months at home to rest and then retrain for their next tour.

Wow! Thank you, Mr. President! **Can you feel the sarcasm dripping from my words?**

I'm obviously extremely bitter and had a horrible day. Its been 17 days and I'm sick of this already. I did so good last deployment. I need to get out of this rut and move forward. If only I could get well first.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hang in there! We're thinking about you.