Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 20 - Soccer Saturday

Luke had a soccer game this morning. It was FREEZING! Gracie was ready to go home before the game even started. While getting dressed for the game, Luke tried to convince me he didn't need to wear anything under his jersey. He ended up wearing thermals and a turtleneck and was shaking from the wind and cold.

Finding a parking place is a nightmare at the soccer fields. I so lucked out this morning! Look how close we got!


Here are some pictures of the game. My camera ran out of batteries and when I switched them out, those batteries went bad in minutes. Hmmmm? I'm sure Daddy had something to do with that!!!!





I also want to show you what Luke came home with yesterday from school. He pulled it out of his backpack and it frightened me. I asked him where in the world he got it and he said his teacher. I asked him if he had to return it to his classroom and he said no. Confused, I asked why his teacher gave it to him. He said it was "garage sale day" and his teacher brought stuff from home to give all the kids. Is this strange to you? I don't want his teacher's garage sale leftovers! I tried to get Luke to tell me what other things she gave the kids and he said he couldn't remember. Just like Luke... full of information! I want to hope Luke got the last pick of the junk errr I mean garage sale pile.


One more thing before I forget....
The other night, I was sitting here at the computer. The kids were watching a movie on what I thought was HBO Kids and Family. It was the Wonder Emporium movie. As I sat here, I was listening to the movie and thinking how fast it came out on cable. A few minutes later, the movie ended and I turned and looked at the TV. Luke was scrolling through more movies and asking if they could watch another one. I had to take a double look at the screen. He was scrolling through the PayPer View movies! Somehow, someway Luke had purchased the movie! My first thought was our cable bill this month. I had already been sick all last weekend and half the week. How many movies had they purchased when I thought they were watching Disney? Luke assured me that was the first time he ever went to that screen, but I'll still be curious to see our cable bill.

And just for the record.... We have parental locks on the TV in the playroom. I once caught Luke watching "Chucky" thinking it was a kid's movie. He only watched a few seconds of it, but it did scar the boy. We set up the locks that day!

No comments: