I quickly remembered how much I hate dinner time during deployment. Its hard because Scott is normally expected home. Its also hard because I hate cooking. And cooking for two people who normally won't eat anyway makes it even less enjoyable. Gracen's prayer tonight hurt the heart as well. Here is a synopsis of it:
"Dear God, Me know Daddy is far, far away for a lotta days. Please keep him safe. Bubby and me miss him. Amen."
I had an interesting time with Luke this afternoon doing homework. He argued with me for several minutes that "salt" was spelled S-A-U-T. I was trying to tell him it had an "L" in it. He kept looking at me like I had 3 heads. I never realized that he pronounced salt without the "L". So he technically was spelling it how he said it, but he was saying it wrong. I finally convinced him of the correct pronunciation and spelling. It wasn't easy though.
Here are a couple of pictures from the tree in our front yard. We hoped it would bloom before Daddy deployed, but he missed it by about 6 days. These were taken yesterday and today it has even more blooms on it...


1 comment:
Nikki - I just found you through my sister's blog. I know you guys are missing Scott tons and I appreciate him for going over there and you guys for being willing to give up a daddy and best friend for awhile. I know it doesn't compare at all to deployment, but Jimmy travels quite a bit and it can be tough for me (and the kids) when he's gone. I both anticipate and dread the evenings after the kids are in bed, seeing a family (mom and dad included) out for a walk sometimes randomly makes me want to burst into tears, week-ends are a little sad because I know all our friends are hanging out with their families....I hope I'm not sounding discouraging....I know it gets easier as time passes, but I just want you to know that I'll be thinking about you and praying for you and the kids and for Scott. I'll be praying that the time goes very quickly and that it will be a time with lots of joy in spite of missing each other:)
Amanda
Post a Comment