Quick Update - I'm sicker than I've been in years. Gracen is a drama queen. Luke is doing awesome in school this semester!
After not sleeping most of the night because of freezing/sweating fits, I went to the doctor today. I think I freaked him out a little because I sound fine and look halfway normal. But once you look at my throat and touch my neck or feel my pulse, its a completely different story. I'm a mess basically. He said he wasn't sure what I had, but was worried about my fever and getting dehydrated. (I'm nauseous as well which doesn't help getting hydrated.) Thankfully, he gave me some good antibiotics and told me to go home and sleep and drink fluids. Sure! I'll get right on that.... with two children all by myself. One who can't walk by herself and is milking two scraped knees for all its worth.
Yes, she finally started "walking" last night. I use walking loosely because she is walking on tip toes, with her knees bent and completely bent over from the waist. She looks ridiculous. I had an appt for her this morning, but I couldn't get myself out of bed and she did start walking last night. I figured the way she is walking proves she didn't damage her knees at all. She is putting too much pressure on them.
Luke brought home his progress report today. All As and Bs! So much better than this time last quarter. He also aced his vocabulary words. He made a 58 on them last time. Missing over 18 words. This time, he got all of those words correct and the words for this last quarter. YAY! Let's just hope Mommy can keep up with his studies. Scott really buckled down and worked with him every evening. Daddy also has alot more patience than I do.
Both kids go to school tomorrow. I'm looking forward to sleeping all day. I've slept with Gracen on and off since Scott left. Then when she hurt her legs, I put her in my bed so I could hear her if she needed something. And she needed something ALOT! Also, at four, she has no concept of Mommy not feeling well. If she is thirsty, then a glass of water should present itself. And believe me, she has less patience than even I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment