Luke is doing great on his reading and spelling words. The alarm clock is also helping him get up in the mornings. I had to explain the reason behind the "SNOOZE" button to him this morning. I had to clarify that you can't completely fall back asleep. Its a way to slowly wake up. I think he's waking up faster just because an alarm clock is such a big boy thing to have. I'm sure the nostalgia of it will wear off quickly. The good thing for me is I'm able to ignore his alarm by just rolling over on my good ear. This morning I did it and it was the first time I used my deafness as a bonus. I got a few more of my own snoozes while Luke woke up.

My new camera was delivered today. I am so excited! I played around all afternoon taking pictures of nothing trying to figure out the settings. The next couple of days are going to be busy so it will be nice to have this small camera to stick in my pocket and get to quickly for pictures.
Let's see, tomorrow Luke has his Parent's Picnic day. He's requested Subway so I'll pick that up on the way to his school. Last year, parent's were able to take kids home after the picnic. If that happens tomorrow, it will be fun to take him to pick up Gracen at preschool. Then Saturday, depending on the weather, we are either going to the zoo or to the Science Adventure Center downtown.


No comments:
Post a Comment