
Ella, Gracen and I were out front all morning and through the afternoon. When I was digging at the mailbox, two police cars came tearing around the corner down our street. I really expected them to drive on by. But no! As they came closer and saw me out front, they slowed way down and pulled up into my driveway. I had no idea what was going on. My first thought was "Who has complained about me working in the yard?". Then my next wonder was "Am I in trouble for digging without checking for gas lines?" Yes, I told you I didn't know what was going on!
Anyway, one of the police officers got out of his car and said they got a intruder panic alarm for my address. I explained that we had been outside all day with the doors open and I had turned the alarm off this morning. He asked if I had a remote that might have been activated.... We don't have a remote. I went in to check the alarm keypad and it was turned off. When I went back outside and told them it was turned off, they were not very happy with me. They said to call the alarm company and then left.
Did you know that a technician in New York could be working on a security system and accidentally trip someone's alarm across the country? That is what happened to me. Comforting isn't it? I'm just wondering what would have happened if I had not been home today. I normally run errands mid-morning. What would the police have done?
This morning after Luke left for school, I went into Gracen's room to wake her up. As soon as she opened her eyes, she smiled really big and said, "Me had the bestest dreams!" After laughing out loud, I asked her what her dream was about. I just knew she was going to say something about her Daddy. She smiled sheepishly and said, "The Jonas Brothers".
Again, after gaining my composure, I asked who else was in the dream. "There was a little girl." Then I asked who the little girl was. Another goofy smile from Gracen and she said, "It was me!" SHE'S FOUR! She should not be dreaming about boy rock bands!


No comments:
Post a Comment