Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 19 - a day late

I have several pictures to share, so I thought I'd go ahead and do a blog for yesterday, Friday.

Thursday night I was so excited about feeling a little better and hoping to get a good night's sleep. Boy was I in for a surprise!

Around midnight, my weather radio went off for a Tornado Warning. It specifically said the storm was coming through our part of town. Gotta love being woken up that way! So from midnight to about 2:30am (they kept extending the warning) this is where we hung out.


For those hours, I sat and decided our location in the house was not safe. The hallway is exactly in the middle of the house, but I have to pull out one of the kid's mattresses to stand up between the front door and us. So I've decided next time, we will stay in our closet. I'd rather be covered in clothes than have a mattress looming over us.

I really thought the kids were awake at certain points during the storm. Gracen stayed on my lap most of the time, but was in and out of sleep. Well, the next morning she saw the mattress still in the hall and was totally confused. She didn't remember a thing. Same for Luke. I showed him the pictures and he was completely clueless.

No comments: