Much better today! I'm still not well, but it looks like what I have will take about a week to heal itself. As long as I take Tylenol every 4 to 6 hours, I can keep my fever below 99 and I feel tons better. My mouth and throat are still full of ulcers so I'm unable to eat flavorful solid food, but living on fruit smoothies and chocolate shakes ain't too bad.
I got my replacement insulin pump this morning. (Mine broke yesterday and had to test my blood sugar and take shots about every two hours.) I was so relieved to see the delivery man. I couldn't believe how elated I was as I stood signing my name for the package. I think the last time I was that excited about a package was when our plane tickets to Ukraine arrived. I'm an emotional mess I tell ya.
I've had great friends helping me the past few days. All laughing at Gracen's limp from her skinned knees. She honestly looked like an orangutan when she walked. She would stand on her tip toes, bend both knees and hunch over. Her preschool teacher said she had never wished so hard for a video camera in all her teaching years. She is doing better today. I'm still having to clean her knees with peroxide. This always sets her back a little. She'll be limping tomorrow, I promise.
About my friends.... Wednesday, Amy took Gracen to school and took all the paperwork for my meeting yesterday. She then brought me a shake for lunch and picked Gracen up from school. Last night, I was so hungry for something solid and filling. Amy called and said she was going to Sam's and wondered if I needed anything. I had hot rotisserie chicken hand delivered to my door an hour later! That felt great going down. My friend, Paige, picked Gracen up this morning for our MOPS group and had her the whole day. I was able to take a long hot shower and rest. So nice!
Luke had soccer practice today. I was definitely not cut out to be a soccer mom. I cringe watching Luke play. Today, I was actually surprised by him. He was playing forward and during a full 5 minute session where the ball was never 2 feet from him, he never touched the silly ball. A few times it did a circle around him. Others he did a circle around it. He only did his famous base sliding move once so I guess it could have been worse. I'm praying the game on Saturday is not called because of rain. I'll have lots of pictures to post if its nice.
I think he is about to hit a growth spurt. At least I hope so. He's right at half an inch too short for the park water slides and big roller coasters. He's eating like crazy lately and asking for more.
You will be glad to know, Scott.... I drove the Jeep today. It was only to Sonic and back, but I promise I didn't leave any Sonic trash in there. You know that is quite a feat in and of itself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment