Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 14

Today was all about Gracen. She skid on her knees across the driveway as soon as we got outside to enjoy the weather. Luke didn't even have his shorts and shoes on and Gracen had already hurt herself. I saw it happen and it was painful. This was at 1pm this afternoon. As of bedtime tonight, she still had not walked. I carried her back and forth to the restroom all day. She has spent most of the time crying and she will not straighten her legs. It has been a hard day.

When I finally laid her in bed tonight, she was crying hysterically. She said her tummy hurt. I know why her tummy hurts..... all the crying.

Don't think I'm awful, but I had to take pictures. There was really nothing else I could do, but grab the camera. At one point, she had to use the restroom, but wouldn't help me take her pants down. She just sat in the bathroom and cried. It was beyond pitiful.

Then I put her in the bathtub. After fighting her forever to get the bandaids off, she fell asleep in the bathtub. Poor baby.

She has a playdate tomorrow, but I'm afraid we will have to cancel. I told her if she can't walk she wouldn't be able to play with Abby and William. She told me she would play on Tuesday. (She is really good with her days of the week!) So it looks like tomorrow will be spent at home..... doting on Gracen.

One more pitiful picture. Thinking she would try to walk, I told her she could get some toys for the bath, but she had to get them herself. No such luck. This is her crab walk....

P.S. 10:15 and Luke is standing here staring at me. The boy will not go to sleep! He spent the night at Ty's house last night so I know he's exhausted. Its gonna be a hard morning as well!

No comments: