Sunday, April 27, 2008

Day 35

Yes, I skipped Day 34. Yesterday was jam packed and I was exhausted by the end of the day.

We woke up very early to meet our friends at the zoo at 9:45. One of our little friends was celebrating a birthday. The kids had a great time and the day was beautiful. We didn't get home until after 5pm.

Then for some reason I still don't understand, I decided to finish up some planting in the backyard. I guess the wonderful temperatures and sun made me a glutton for punishment. The kids continued to tire themselves out by jumping on the trampoline and helping me.

By the time the backyard was complete, I had a huge mess in the kitchen from tracking dirt and grass back and forth from the garage. So after putting the kids to bed, I tackled that mess. Like I said, I was exhausted and fell into bed at 10:30. So hard I couldn't pull myself out of bed this morning. Well, I did get up to feed the dog, get Gracen milk and a poptart and check on Luke, but it wasn't easy. I'm ashamed to say this, but I fell back asleep and was out until 11:30. Poor Gracen wanted to go to church so bad that she brushed her teeth and put on her church clothes only to be told church was already over and Mommy slept right through it. Oops!

So today was one of those lazy days. If it wasn't for planting in the front yard, I would have stayed in PJs the entire day. Everyone needs days like today. It just would have been nice to hear from our Daddy. We are going on five days with no communication and its very strange..... and very lonely.

Here are some pictures from the zoo yesterday....

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Something funny I wanted to add before I forgot. We ran to Taco Bell tonight to pick up some dinner. We went through the drive thru and as I was pulling back onto the street with the food in the front seat, Gracen yells "What smells like poop! Bubbie do you smell that poop?" Too bad I had to tell her it was dinner! They thought that was hilarious!

No comments: