Whew! The MRI took everything out of me. I was not prepared for that! Yes, the MRI was an "open" MRI machine, but because the MRI was of my head/brain I was enclosed in a head brace. Think the mask on Man in the Mask with Leonardo DiCaprio. Except my mask was clear. Thank God! Then she slid me like a drawer under the machine so my nose was less than 4 inches from it. I laid that way for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
What made it even worse was she told me that half way through she would inject contrast into me. WHAT! Again, nobody told me this! My only calming thought was at least half way through I will get a break. NOPE! She came in pulled out my arm, shot me with dye and then put my arm back under. It was so hard to keep my eyes closed and not think about where I was. I kept thinking about the sky and being in the park with the kids.
The lady was super worried about me. She kept asking if I was okay and if I wanted to stop. She told me before we started that I could reschedule and have my doctor prescribe Valium. I told her I was ready to get it over with. When she finally pulled me out, I couldn't believe how sore my body was. Every part of my body had been clinched up tight.
After I was finished, they asked if I could stay an additional 15 minutes to wait for the disk with all the pictures on it. There was no way I could stay in that small office any longer. I had to get outside. Thank goodness it is beautiful outside today. Gracen and I drove around town with the windows down going from nursery to nursery looking for flowers. It was so nice!
The good news is when I went to pick up the disk, they handed me the report of the findings as well. I was a little surprised. I walked back to the car thinking surely they wouldn't hand me a piece of paper that says I have a brain tumor! I was a little scared to read the report. But thankfully, the MRI came out normal and no masses were found! Hallelujah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my! What an experience! And I am so thankful everything is okay!! I know in our office it is extremely rare to get an abnormal MRI report. Yeah! Congrats! What a relief!
:-)
Why did you need an MRI??
Post a Comment