Also, Luke does not like to have the ball for long periods of time. He was running down the field with it today with no one in front of him. He stopped, put his foot on top of the ball, turned around and kicked it to the team mate behind him. I just don't get it!
He did SCORE A GOAL today! It was a really good play. And yes Daddy, he kicked the ball and did his famous stealing base slide. Thankfully, the ball went into the goal. He also played goalie for a quarter. I have to say, I had to put my hood on and not watch. It got ugly for a while. I'm still fuming about a comment another parent said. Whatever dad said it better be glad I didn't know which one he was. I *SO* would have said something to him. GRRRRR!
After today, I have concluded that next fall we will go back to playing soccer on the post teams.... not for the city. The competitiveness and ugly nature of these parents is not worth the convenience of nearer games and practices. I also miss sitting and chatting with other military wives and the camaraderie during the season. Oh well! Live and learn.
I was really proud of Luke today. I've actually had several people tell me this week what a good boy his is. I knew this, but watching him today almost made me cry. Before his game started, we found out we needed to move all of our stuff to another field. All of the other kids took off running to the other field and started warming up for the game. Luke came over to me, picked up my chair, Gracen's pink hat and blanket and helped me carry it to the new field. He didn't have to do that. I didn't ask him to do that. He just did. He's getting so big and I love him so much!
Gracen keeping warm....
How Gracen keeps herself entertained during games....
I need to find pants without pockets! Here he is as goalie...
Okay.... another story about Luke. Today was an interesting one for the boy! My dad will love this story. He's been giving me a hard time about Luke going into men's restrooms. Today after the game, we ran into the Walmart right next to the soccer fields. Of course, Luke had to go to the bathroom. All the way to the restroom, I told him he needed to go into the women's with me. Well, when we got to the bathroom, there were several little girls in soccer jerseys that were going into the women's restroom. I did not want to do that to Luke. So I let him go into the men's and I stood right outside. (I did quickly remind him not to let anyone touch him and if they did to scream bloody murder. Yes, I said that!)
I stood and waited..... and waited.... and waited. Every man that went in and out, I tried to remember some feature about them. (I know I'm crazy, but it is in my genes!) Finally, after about 6 minutes, I pushed open the door and asked Luke if he was okay. He yelled out "Yes!" and I continued to wait.... and wait... and wait. I again stuck my head in and said, "Luke, are you okay?" "Yes!" he said. So I stood for another 90 seconds or so and finally opened the door and said, "Luke, let's go!" Finally, the boy yells out that he is stuck in the locked stall and can't get it open! UGH! There was feet under one of the other stalls so I obviously didn't want to go in there. So I told Luke to climb under the stall and wash his hands with hot water and soap!
On the way home from Walmart, Luke asked me an extremely random question.... "When are we going to Hollywood?" The boy just never stops thinking and imagining!
How Ella kept herself entertained during the game...
At lunchtime, we went downtown to the local city festival. It was rainy and a little cold, but the kids had fun. We watched the parade and played some of the carnival games. We also sat and watched the karaoke stage and I was just waiting for Gracen to beg to go up there and sing. Thankfully, she was content with just dancing.


No comments:
Post a Comment